Arlington Bocce - Tuesday Division
Flair Winners! Week 5
Congrats to our Flair week winners! Thanks to everyone who participated. Start brainstorming those costumes now for the summer season! Don't forget to checkout the flair week photos on facebook and like (vote) for the best one! Contest winner receives the grand prize of a $300 gift certificate.
1st Place: The Roman Empire - 4 Miller Lite Beer Pen tickets to the 6/7 Nats game vs. the Twins (include free beer and food)
2nd Place: The Lamps - $50 gift certificate to Ted's Montana Grill
3rd Place: Some Bocce That I Used To Bowl - $50 gift certificate to Union Jack's
GRAND PRIZE: Facebook Flair Week Contest - The team with the most likes after 1 week of voting on facebook will get a $300 gift certificate to a bar/restaurant of their choosing.
Week 3 Facebook photos!
Check out photos here! Don't forget to tag yourselves and your teammates!
Spring 2013 Schedule is Now Available!!
The entire schedule is now available to download and print. You can also use the link on the right to get to the schedule page.
Games will be at 6:30 and 7:30 pm at Mosaic Park. Location details are on the right and below.
Here are a few important things to know:
- NEW: All courts will now be numbered - refer to the schedule to see what court number you will play on each week.
- Be sure to turn in your scores to a black shirt at the end of your games!
- No Alcohol (Also no coolers, glass bottles or SOLO cups) on the field.
- A minimum of 3 players will be required for ALL PLAYOFF GAMES (2 required for regular season games)
- FLAIR WEEK (Week 5) - This season we will have a league-wide theme (TBD) with division prizes and a league-wide grand prize. More info below.
- SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, June 15 is the league-wide charity bocce tournament and PARTY!
- BEER: New pricing this year with $12 pitchers and $4 pints of Peroni and Blue Moon
- Peroni ticket contest has been upgraded! Details below.
ATTENTION: New Spring Menu from Union Jack's!
Union Jack's has created a whole new menu
of food specials just for DC Bocce. Check out the great new deals! Our drink specials this season will be $3 shooters and $12 pitchers/$4 pints of Blue Moon and Peroni, courtesy of our drink sponsors. All bocce players also have FREE
use of Union Jack's 2 pool tables!
BOCCE-N-BEERS Charity Tournament at CANAL Park - Saturday, 6/15!
Mark your calendars now to be part of DC Bocce's League-wide Championship and Party!
The event takes place on Saturday, June 15th,
at Canal Park
by the Navy Yard Metro.
Everyone is invited to this all-day bocce event which will feature free beer, food, live music and the city-wide charity bocce tourney. Be sure you tell your friends and don't forget to RSVP for this awesome event.
Once again we will be rewarding you for supporting our beer sponsors. For each pitcher you buy at Union Jack's you will be given 1 ticket to write your team name on and hand in at the bar for a chance to win gift certificates from the weekly drawings.
NEW THIS SEASON:
- Spring season-long drinking contest! We will count all the tickets at the end of the season and the top four teams in all bocce leagues will win a GRAND PRIZE VIP LIMO BUS WINERY EXCURSION complete with round-trip transportation via limo bus to Virginia's wine country for a day of tastings and lunch
- New YEAR-LONG drinking contest! The team with the most Peroni tickets from now through December 2013 will win an ULTIMATE GRAND PRIZE (TBD) worth ~$2K (Must have 50 tickets per season to qualify)
Each division will have prizes for the top 3 teams. Winners will also have a photo submitted to a league-wide Facebook voting campaign, The team with the most "likes" wins a grand prize $300 gift certificate!
Bar Sponsor: UNION JACKS!
Please join us after (or before) your bocce game at our sponsor bar, Union Jack's. DCBocce has worked out some great food and drink specials for us - more information is on the right. Cheers!
Game Location and Directions
Mosaic Park (544 N. Pollard St)
Via Metro: The field is a short walk from either Ballston or Virginia Square Metro stations on the Orange Line
, behind the Gold's Gym in Ballston.
for Metro information.
Driving: Off street parking is available BUT limited. We recommend metroing or walking to the park and walking the short distance to Union Jack's.
Every week we will taking and uploading a fresh set of pictures! Make sure you check-out the facebook page and tag yourself and your teammates. This is a great way to connect with your new bocce friends!
DCBocce is all about CHARITY. At the end of each season, winning teams from each division are awarded a prize to donate to a charity of their choice. We have donated to many local, national and international charities
. We are also happy to participate in special charity events throughout the year. If you have any ideas feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in Touch
Sign up to get an email reminder about our upcoming seasons and other events, and take a moment to become a Facebook Fan and Twitter follower to stay up to date on all league happenings, announcements, happy hours and charity events.
Things to Know on Game Days
Each Tuesday, make sure to check in with a black shirt at the park, where you will be paired with the team and court number you are playing at.
In case of inclement weather, any cancellations will be announced via email. Check out our rules for more details.
Please be sure to observe park rules on game days.
Feel free to contact your division manager,Mike, with any questions
What do you think of the DC Bocce League? Help us spread the word by sharing your thoughts and reviews on Yelp
To the Arlington community, Arlington Parks and Recreation and Union Jack's for their support of DC Bocce.